- GPA Requirements:
- Must have a 2.5 or higher overall GPA.
- D’s, F’s, and Withdrawals in the relevant courses will be considered in application review.
- Students with less than 12 college credits, will have their high school GPA evaluated.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in Anatomy & Physiology I and II.
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II cannot be more than five years old, Physics, no more than ten years old.
- TEAS Requirments – 60% in both Reading & Math .
- Challenge exams are offered for biology courses through Union College of Union County NJ.
- One may transfer up to 36 comparable credits (40 for those with a bachelor’s degree), into the program. No grade lower than C is considered for transfer.
- Applicants may check on the transferability of previously completed college courses by visiting www.njtransfer.org.
- Transfer of successfully completed Sonography courses is considered for accepted students. Sonography course outlines and syllabi must be submitted.
- Students who have not completed algebra, biology and chemistry in high school, must take the high school equivalent courses at Union College of Union County NJ.
High School Biology……………… BIO 102
High School Chemistry…………… CHEM 101
High School Algebra……………… MAT 022, MAT 019/021 sequence
- The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) provides a method of earning college credits by taking examinations in various subject areas. Students may apply for CLEP through www.collegeboard.com. Union College of Union County NJ recognizes CLEP scores and will apply credit in areas if CLEP scores meet the college requirements. Credit will not be given where there is evidence of previous academic work.
- Applicants attending Union College of Union County NJ prior to becoming Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Muhlenberg Snyder students are not considered transfer students.
- Admission to the School of Radiography is processed through the Admissions Office at Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools. It is not necessary to apply separately to Union College of Union County NJ.
- Radiography applicants should select only one program. Acceptance into the program will be based on the School’s criteria.
- Individuals apply during the Open Application dates.
The School accepts applications for the Fall (September) and Spring (January) semester.
NOTE: Application requirements – It is the applicant responsibility to provide the following information, verification and/or credentials to the HACKENSACK MERIDIAN HEALTH JFK MUHLENBERG SNYDER SCHOOLS ADMISSION OFFICE.
- Official High School transcript or GED/TASC test scores
- Foreign transcripts will require an evaluation from a current member of NACES (the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services), www.naces.org
- Official transcripts from College, Vocational Schools, School of Practical Nursing, Radiography
- One complete reference
- Entrance Exam – ATI TEAS
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Naturalized Citizen, or have a Permanent Resident Card (green card)
- Personal Statement - If applicable, see Applicant checklist for instructions
- Consumer Information Sheet
If you feel that your application needs additional explanation (i.e., academic history), please feel free to include a statement to this effect.
- Admission is selective and competitive.
- The Admissions Committee may request that the applicant clarify information presented to the Schools before an admissions decision is made.
- Applicants will receive a notification by mail with the Admissions Committee's decision. Individuals who are accepted into a program will receive a follow up email with instructions on the next steps and will be required to submit a non-refundable acceptance fee.
- Applicants who are declined admissions into one program and apply to another program, must complete a new application, write an essay and submit another application fee. It is also necessary to submit a new reference.
- Students who wish to transfer from one program to another program within the Schools must complete a new application form, write an essay, submit an official updated Union College of Union County NJ transcript and include a reference from the first Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Muhlenberg Snyder School program that they attended.
- Any student who has a documented learning disability will be given reasonable accommodations throughout the program of study. For further information, see the Student Handbook for Medical Imaging. Student Handbook for Medical Imaging.
- Students are expected to be able to access and use a computer and printer. Course material, certain exams, review material and hospital technology require the use of computer and printers.
- Placement in any of the School’s courses is on a seat-available basis.
Radiography Program Curriculum
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|REQUIRED PRE-REQUISITE COURSES FOR FALL START|
|ENG101||English Composition I||3|
|ENG102||English Composition II||3|
|BIO105||Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|Course Limit: 10 years|
|BIO106||Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|Course Limit: 10 years|
|RNTM101||Intro to Medical Terminology (online course for accepted students only, this is a Professional Course)||1|
|REQUIRED # OF PRE-REQUISITE CREDITS FOR RADIOGRAPHY START IN THE FALL SEMESTER||19|
|*PHY125**or PHY101**||Elements of Physics or General Physics||4|
|Course Limit: 10 years. **If Physics is not completed as a pre-requisite this must be completed by Fall I. If PHY 101 chosen, MAT 143 is required pre-requisite; if PHY 125 chosen, MAT 119 is required pre-requisite.|
|MAT143* or MAT127*||Elementary Mathematical Analysis I or Elementary Statistics||4|
|PSY101*||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SOC101*||Principal of Sociology||3|
|CST100* or CST101*||Introduction to Computer Applications OR Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|HUM ELEC*||Humanities Elective||3|
|TOTAL PRE- OR CO-REQUISITE GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES||39|
|All of the courses above must be successfully completed prior to graduation eligibility. *Suggested as a pre-requisite, but may be completed as a co-requisite.|
|PROFESSIONAL RADIOGRAPHY COURSES|
|RNTM103||Introduction to Medical Imaging||4|
|RADM120||Radiographic Procedure I||3|
|CLPR901||Clinical Practicum (2 days per week)||0|
|SPRING SEMESTER I|
Online course, for accepted Radiography students only
|RADM121||Radiographic Procedure II||3|
|RADM110||Principles of Radiographic Exposure I||3|
|CLPR902||Clinical Practicum (3 days per week)||0|
|FIRST YEAR/SUMMER I|
|RADM122||Radiography Procedures III||2|
|CLPR903||Clinical Practicum (2-4 days per week)||0|
|FIRST YEAR/SUMMER II|
|CLPR904||Clinical Practicum (2-4 days per week)||0|
|FALL SEMESTER II|
|RADM223||Radiographic Procedures IV||3|
|RADM211||Principles of Radiographic Exposure II||3|
|CLPR905||Clinical Practicum (3 days per week)||0|
|SSEM1||Senior Seminar I||0|
|SPRING SEMESTER II|
|RADM224||Radiographic Procedures V||3|
Online course, for accepted Radiography students only
|RNTM201||Fundamentals of CT||3|
|RNTL201||CT Skills Assessment||1|
|CLPR906||Clinical Practicum (3 days per week)||0|
|SSEM2||Senior Seminar II||0|
|SECOND YEAR/SUMMER I|
|CLPR907||Clinical Practicum (2-4 days per week)||0|
|SSEM3||Senior Seminar III||0|
|SECOND YEAR/SUMMER II|
|CLPR908||Clinical Practicum (2-4 days per week)||0|
|SSEM4||Senior Seminar IV||0|
|TOTAL PROFESSIONAL COURSES||41|
Class Schedule: Professional Courses are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm. (Schedule subject to change each semester).
Clinical Sites – Radiography
THE CLINICAL EDUCATION ASSIGNMENT
The program Clinical Coordinator or designee assigns students to specific clinical areas. These assignments provide students with the volume and variety of clinical experiences to progress successfully through the program. The clinical education assignments are equally distributed among enrolled students. The clinical education settings of the program include:
LIST OF CLINICAL SITES
|Hackensack University Medical Center
30 Prospect Avenue
Hackensack, NJ 07601
|The New Jersey Imaging Network – Edison
3830 Park Avenue,
Edison, NJ, 08831
|JFK Medical Center
65 James Street
Edison, NJ 08818
|The New Jersey Imaging Network – Union
445 Chestnut Street,
Union, NJ, 07083
|St. Barnabas Medical Center
94 Old Short Hills Road
Livingston, NJ 07052
|Trinitas Medical Center
225 Williamson Street
Elizabeth NJ 07202
|Summit Medical Group
One Diamond Hill Road
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
|VANJ Health Care System
385 Tremont Avenue
East Orange, NJ 07018
|Clinical sites subject to change each semester.
THE CLINICAL EDUCATION ASSIGNMENT HOURS
The usual clinical education assignment hours are 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Adequate supervision will be provided for all clinical assignments. Total clinical and classroom hours do not exceed 40 hours per week. Assignments on any one-day are not scheduled to exceed 7.5 hours, but no student will be permitted to leave a patient during the course of an examination. The student is required to complete any examinations/he begins, which includes getting images checked for necessary repeats or additional images and seeing that the patient is dismissed from the department.
Fees for clinical will be included each semester in your tuition.
Revised Jul 23, 2022