All applicants to the Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools must take the ATI TEAS Entrance Exam.
WHAT IS THE TEAS?
The TEAS is an exam that assesses basic academic knowledge in reading, math, science, and English and language usage.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER TO TAKE THE TEAS?
All students who are interested in the health science programs offered by the Schools: Nursing, Radiography or Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- An account created with Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI): www.atitesting.com,
- Credit or debit card,
- An email address to complete the online registration,
- No student ID required,
- The school is listed under institution as HMH JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools – RN for Nursing.
Students will take the TEAS exam remotely using the following guidelines and requirements:
- The TEAS exam is the same for Nursing, Radiography, and Diagnostic Medical Sonography students.
- Testing is Tuesdays–Fridays at 9am.
- Student can register for the exam at www.atitesting.com. When looking for available testing dates, select "I'm a Nursing Student", hover over the TEAS option and click "Register for TEAS". Next click Register Now and click ONLINE. Use the drop down menu to select " Institution Remote Proctoring". Select the date range you want to search, then select NJ and HMH JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools RN. Click the search button and the test dates will appear. Select the one you want and register.
Learn more about account setup and registration, READ the ATI_TEAS How to Guide.
- Review the job aid as well as watch a 9 minute tutorial video (www.atitesting.com) that demonstrates how the exam will be set up and take place.
- It is MANDATORY that you read the job aid and view video prior to the exam (do not wait until the day of exam!). The job aid and video describe requirements to setup the online connection and what to do when taking the exam.
- You will receive an email the day prior to the exam with the assessment codes and instructions.
- On the day of the exam, you must follow the steps in the job aid which includes a dry run of the connection and technoloogy, and you must complete the exam pre-checks. If you do not complete the dry run, you will not be able to start the exam. You will also need to use a Chrome browser; therefore, if you need the Chrome browser on your device, we suggest you install at minimum the day before.
WHAT ARE THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXAM?
The following technical requirements are necessary to successfully take the TEAS exam:.
- Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external
- Webcam: 320x240 VGA resolution (minimum) internal or external
- Desktop or laptop computer (NO iPads, tablets, or phones are to be used) with the ability to download Google Chrome
WHAT IS THE TEST FORMAT?
The TEAS is a multiple-choice computer-based exam.
WHAT ARE THE SCORE REQUIREMENTS FOR MY PROGRAM?
The minimum recommended score requirements are:
Generic, Pathways to BSN, and LPN-RN Track –
60% is required in both Reading & Math.
Accelerated Track –
70% score or higher for Reading and 70% score or higher for Math.
Radiography and Sonography –
60% is required in both Reading & Math.
WHEN SHOULD I TAKE THE TEAS?
Applicants must take the TEAS prior to the application deadline for their program of interest.
Previously completed exams will be considered if the exam was taken within the last year of the current application deadline.
Deadlines to submit the test scores:
|Spring Semester 2023
|Generic Track and Pathway to BSN Tracks:||July 18, 2022 – November 1, 2022|
|Accelerated Program Track (Only):||April 11, 2022 – August 1, 2022|
|Sonography:||July 18, 2022 – November 1, 2022|
HOW DO I SEND MY SCORES TO JFK MUHLENBERG SNYDER SCHOOLS?
You can have your scores sent to us by logging into your ATI account and placing an order to have your score sent. Please search our school by using HMH JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools RN.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I TAKE THE TEAS?
At the Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools, students can take the exam twice per application period. After an applicant has taken the TEAS for the first time, s/he must wait 5 days before the second attempt. It is recommended that any student who wants to retest a second time, utilize additional study materials and/or tutoring to earn acceptable scores.
HOW LONG ARE TEAS SCORES VALID?
TEAS scores are valid one year from date of first TEAS attempt.
WHEN DO I RECEIVE MY SCORES?
Students receive their TEAS score report immediately after they complete the exam.
IF I DON’T MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR MY PROGRAM BECAUSE I SCORED TOO LOW IN ONE AREA, DO I HAVE TO RETAKE ALL SECTIONS OF THE EXAM AGAIN?
ARE THERE TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES?
AM I REQUIRED TO TAKE THE TEAS IF I ALREADY HAVE A DEGREE?
WHAT STUDY MATERIALS ARE AVAILABLE TO PREPARE FOR THE TEAS?
Applicants should visit the ATI website, www.atitesting.com, to purchase the TEAS Study Manual, Smart Prep package, and online practice tests.
HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD I SPEND PREPARING FOR THE TEAS?
The amount of time needed to prepare for the TEAS varies. All applicants are encouraged to give themselves enough time to engage in a comprehensive review of the content and develop good testing techniques.
CAN THE TEAS BE SUBSTITUTED WITH ANOTHER EXAM (e.g. GRE, SAT, ACT, HESI, NLN, GMAT, GED, OR LSAT?
CAN I USE MY TEAS SCORES TO APPLY TO PROGRAMS AT OTHER INSTITUTIONS?
Applicants may send their TEAS score/transcripts to multiple institutions. For more information, contact ATI at www.atitesting.com. However, it is advisable that students directly contact the other institutions to verify their acceptance policy regarding the TEAS exam.