- To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains [DMS – General Concentration].
- Enroll qualified students who will benefit from the course of study and graduate within the prescribed time frame at a rate consistent with the program mission and expected outcomes.
- Enable student to develop the appropriate communication skills, critical thinking, and problem solving skills of a healthcare provider.
- Enable students to pursue professional and academic excellence throughout their careers as healthcare providers.
- Enable students to demonstrate the professional and ethical behaviors that are outlined in the Professional Code of Ethics published by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Graduates of the JFK Muhlenberg Harold B. and Dorothy A. Snyder School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography are eligible to apply for and to sit for the certification examinations of the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).